NovaSure Endometrial Ablation (EA) is the simple, one-time, five-minute procedure that has treated over one million women without the need for radical surgical intervention such as hysterectomy for dysfunctional bleeding or heavy period. NovaSure is for premenopausal women with heavy periods or post-menopausal women with dysfunctional bleeding due to hormone therapy as long as there are no underlying causes of the bleeding. Heavy periods and dysfunctional bleeding can affect women in many ways including:
- Physical Symptoms:
- Fatigue and Nausea
- Painful cramping
- Social Problems
- More than 60% have had to miss social or athletic events
- About 80% report avoiding sex
- 33% have been forced to miss work
- Emotional problems
- 77% have depression or moodiness
- 75% feel anxious
- 57% report a lack of confidence during cycle
What is Novasure?
- NovaSure is a one-time, five-minute procedure that can lighten or end your heavy period or dysfunctional bleeding. For 90% of women, menstrual bleeding is dramatically reduced or stopped. It's a simple procedure that can be done in your doctor's office, usually for the cost of a copay.
- Benefits include:
- One-time procedure
- The procedure is quick-it usually takes less than five minutes
- It can be performed in a doctor's office with no general anesthesia
- 90% of women returned to normal, light or no periods at all
- 40% reported that their periods stopped completely
- Most women experience mild or no pain during or after the procedure
- Most women feel back to themselves within a day or so
- There are no incisions (an incision is a cut into your body)
- It can be performed at any time during your cycle, even if you're bleeding
- You don't need to prepare by taking any pre-treatment medicine
leave the info about “how does novasure work”- and the photos and leave the “what to expect”
How Does NovaSure Work?
NovaSure is an endometrial ablation (EA) procedure that can reduce or stop menstrual bleeding. It works by permanently removing the endometrium, or the lining of the uterus (the part that causes the bleeding), with a quick delivery of radio frequency energy.
What Can I Expect?
Most women who have had the NovaSure procedure have lighter periods or no periods afterwards. In a clinical study, 9 out of 10 women returned to normal or light periods and 4 out of 10 stopped bleeding altogether.
Many women who've had the NovaSure procedure say they are now able to spend more time at work and daily activities, missing out on fewer social and athletic outings because of heavy periods. They also report improved energy levels, better moods, and a boost in self-confidence. And many also had a significant reduction in painful periods and PMS symptoms like irritability.